Friday, April 14, 2006

SWOT

Blogging in the English 191 Class:

Strengths: Blogging allows students to voice their opinion while having the ability to remain anonymous, (well, until we gave out the class list anyway). It also allows us to save paper, considering we don't have to print out any of the blogs that we write, which can get expensive and wasteful, especially if we had to make extra copys of all of our blogs for our classmates to comment on. On the subject of comments, online blogging also allow us to continue the comments as conversations if we should choose to do that.

Weaknesses: The only big weakness I can see is the danger of puting any personal information in the blog. We did make it so that only our class has the list of these students and made it so that our blogs are not on the list that is shown to the public, however people can still stumble upon things like these, so it is very important to not give any personal information. There is a smaller weakness that I have with blogging, and that is that since the deadline is always Friday night at midnight, I have a tendancy to forget to do my blogging. After I'm done with my classes on Friday I feel like "it's the weekend now, so I can relax," so I forget about blogging. Though that's just my tendancy to not do any homework on Friday nights. I usually do it Saturday or Sunday nights, so this probably isn't a problem for everyone.

Opportunities: The opportunities of blogging in class are pretty much the same as the strengths. We are able to say what we think without worrying about people's reaction towards us personally about it, and we can continue conversations with other bloggers on the topic of choice.

Threats: Once again, it's the same as the weaknesses. There's just the treat of people outside our class coming across the blog pages, which can be dangerous if there is any personal information on the blogs.

I like blogs! Awesome for classroom use! Keep it going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home